Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Breaking Up w/ Volleyball & Things I Love

Hi!

So I feel like I've been just so consumed with college applications and all my classes and Senior Year and just everything--I honestly just want to write. I'll most likely just be posting a bunch of random thoughts and life updates/events that I can look back on. I can't really coherently organize all my thoughts right now, so here's just some stuff:

First: lack of volleyball.
I've been playing this sport since I was 9 years old. I loved it. I would fill up diary entries discussing practice details, game strategies, my teammates...and I never got sick of talking about it. I looked forward to every single practice. But now that I'm not really playing anymore, I just feel like this huge chunk of me is missing. I try to justify it by telling myself that I need time to study and focus on school...which is true. But I still miss parts of it. But when looking at the larger picture, I also realize that it was such an important part of my life--but my interests have changed. And thats okay, I think. With volleyball not as present in my life, I get to focus on things I really, really love to do. And now that I'm pretty much done with college apps, (more on that later!) I can also find new things that I love to do. But there's also this weird thing with me that I have to feel productive. Lack of productivity tends to be detrimental to my happiness levels. But I want to do the things I love.

Leading me to my second "chunk", for lack of a better word: things I love to do.

  • Volunteering. Lend a Hand Club, Together We Tutor, Girl Scouts, foodforphans...I can focus on these activities. And start planning a bake sale for the beginning of December!! Tentative date: December 3rd? 
  • Filming/Photography. I can keep up my video journals (more on this later too!!). I need to get my camera fixed...or get a new one. Seriously, get on that. 
  • Designing. Help design club t-shirts, and Mama's business cards for her salon. 
  • Baking. Be adventurous and try new recipes!! Bake cookies to than teachers/counselors. 
  • Working out. Abs, running, or swimming.
  • Blogging. :)
I think I need to do more of what I love.

More later,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment